Today the subject about children and video games is widely addressed in Internet forums and by different studies on the subject; however, there is not much information about the use of video games as learning tools. Next we will try to outline the experience we have had through the years.
As with a lot of activities, the use of video games can beneficial or harmful depending on how we use them. In this sense, the benefits are directly related with the way they are used.
What are the benefits of video games?
With the constant growth of use of technology and children’s’ natural nature for playing its fundamental to understand that the use of video games usually achieve the stimulation of cognitive abilities, for example:
- Attention and focus abilities.
- Logic and deductive reasoning (strategy).
- Eye and hand coordination (see and do).
- Establishing goals and tasks.
- Problem solving (simulators and adventure).
- Space orientation (tridimensional).
What happens in children’s’ brain when they play?
The following infographic will answer the question: